The Pound, located next to the roundabout at Havant / Manor roads was originally used to impound stray animals. Animals were held until a release fee was paid to the Lord of the Manor. Although the exact age of the pound is not known, records show that is received restoration in 1778.
Partially demolished in recent years to allow for road improvements, the remains of the pound were refurbished by the Bosmere Hundred Society. The three sides of paving stones visible in the foreground of the picture indicate the original size of the structure.